For more video blogs or to view this Video Blog posting on YouTube, please visit (& Subscribe for updates): http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCounselingGeek
How to start implementing technology in your counseling program series:
Most are nerveous about how to start or resistant!
Technology is growing exponentially - Moore's Law tells # of transistors on chip double every 18 - 24 months.
- Makes buying technology start getting inexpensive!
- Technology is growing exponentially - Moore's Law tells # of transistors on chip double every 18 - 24 months.
What I hope to do:
- Debunk some fears
- Intro some new and useful tech
- Connect it to your counseling program
But do I have to???
- It is the future (much counseling is turning to online counseling)
- Online education is increasing as studens become more connected
- Does it dehuminize our job?
What if i am scared?
- That is natural
- Taking on something new and unfamiliar will present challenges and require patients, time, and effort.
- Next edition: Getting started - where to get your software and what do you need?