Save time and get some great books from my list!
Social and restorative justice, mental health, girls/boys curriculum, and activity books galore!
Earlier this fall – the school counselors in TTUSD were lucky enough to each be awarded a $600 grant from the Excellence in Education Foundation. This grant was to be used to help build a social and restorative justice library to use with students who get in trouble and hopefully help them learn from their mistakes. In California – they made it really hard to suspend students (good thing), but then they end up in the office all day with nothing to do. In steps the school counselors!
I did a bunch of research and put together a long list of books that may be interesting to you as well. Many of the books are targeted towards the middle/high school level, but a lot have younger versions available once you click the link. I will be splitting this list into two different posts and this is the first. I hope you check them out, buy one or more, and share any additional books or resources you recommend in the the comments for myself and readers to look into. Happy shopping!
- Mindfulness Skills for Kids & Teens: A Workbook for Clinicians & Clients with 154 Tools, Techniques, Activities & Worksheets – $23
- Mindfulness for Teen Anxiety: A Workbook for Overcoming Anxiety at Home, at School, and Everywhere Else – $12
- The Stress Reduction Workbook for Teens: Mindfulness Skills to Help You Deal with Stress – $12
- The Mindfulness Toolbox: 50 Practical Tips, Tools & Handouts for Anxiety, Depression, Stress & Pain – $24
- The Anxiety Workbook for Teens: Activities to Help You Deal with Anxiety and Worry – $9
- Strong Teens – Grades 9-12: A Social and Emotional Learning Curriculum (Strong Kids Curricula) – $33
- Don’t Let Your Emotions Run Your Life for Teens: Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills for Helping You Manage Mood Swings, Control Angry Outbursts, and … with Others (Instant Help Book for Teens) – $12
- Girls in Real Life Situations, Grades 6-12: Group Counseling Activities for Enhancing Social and Emotional Development (Book and CD) – $41
- Owning Up Curriculum: Empowering Adolescents to Confront Social Cruelty, Bullying, and Injustice (Book and CD-rom) – $62
- The Guide: Managing Douchebags, Recruiting Wingmen, and Attracting Who You Want (Survival) – $14
- Thanks for the Feedback: The Science and Art of Receiving Feedback Well – $18
[Tweet “Super social/restorative justice book list for counselors – check it out #scchat”]